I’m Anke Prinsen from the Netherlands and I’m going to the USA in 2014-2015.
I’m going to try to write this in English. I’m sure there will be some faults but it will be better next year. A lot of people already know I’m going next year to the USA with AFS. I already have my hostfamily in Oak Brook, Illinois. I hope I will have an awesome year with them. I will be leaving in August 2014 and I will come back in the beginning of July 2015.
Here I will post the links to my blogposts, the first ones are in Dutch but I will try to write more and more in English. I hope you will enjoy it!! 🙂
My site has translation buttons so you could translate the Dutch blog to your own language.
- June 23 2015: Hayward (in English) about my trip to Hayward, one more week of my exchange to go….
- May 31 2015: Track, party and prom (in English)
- May 10 2015: New update, I did a lot of things!! (in English) with track, concert, Blacklight run, a skunk and more!
- April 8 2015: Hawaii 2015 (In English) About my amazing week in Hawaii with Belo USA travel
- March 15 2015: Salt Lake City, Brook Olympics and Madison (in English)
- February 20 2015: My first video blog, Minnesota and Champaign (in English)
- February 2 2015: Halfway my exchange year and winter wonder land! (in English)
- January 16 2015: After Christmas, New Year, my Birthday and more!! 🙂 (in English)
- January 1 2015: Bye 2014, Hello 2015!!! (in English)
- December 27 2014: Christmas With Hot Chocolate run, St. Louis and Christmas (parties) (in English)
- December 13 2014: 4 Months in the USA!!! With Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Minnesota and Sinterklaas (in English)
- November 24 2014: A snake and packraces in Milwaukee (in English)
- November 17 2014: AFS Scavenger hunt and Wichita, Kansas (in English)
- November 2 2014: Apples and a haunted house (in English)
- October 25 2014: Silence parade, Milwaukee, Conference and more! (in English)
- October 9 2014: Almost two months! With Cute squirrel pictures, Cross Country, AFS camp/orientation, spirit week and more! (in English)
- September 13 2014: One month here! With Holland, Michigan, AFS picnic, Training and some sad news. (in English)
- September 5 2014: My first footbal game and more! (in Dutch)
- August 29 2014: Time for a new blog! 🙂 About going to Chicago, my first schooldays and more! (in Dutch)
- 15 August 2014: First days in the USA! 😀 (in Dutch)
- 6 August 2014: Less than one week before departure. About a bbq, training and packing my stuff (in English)
- 27 July 2014: Summer trainings and the countdown really started. – 17 days before departure (in Dutch)
- 13 July 2014: One month before departure! (in Dutch)
- 2 July 2014: Stichting Grote Broer supports my speedskating in the USA (in Dutch)
- 14 June 2014: Preparing for my year in USA. I send a box with stuff to give away so I don’t have to bring it in my luggage (in Dutch)
- 13 June 2014: Finished HAVO at School! USA here I come!! (in Dutch)
- 1 May 2014: My exams did almost start and I got a message from AFS I’m placed by my hostfamily 🙂 (in Dutch)
- 27 January 2014: My first post about going to the USA (in Dutch)